Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I think I am becoming Shake-speer

I recently missed a day in my biochem class; a friend of mine texted me to see where I was, and I found myself pulling a Shakespeare...  You know how there's alot of what we called antimetabole (A to B; B to A) banter in Love's Labour's Lost?  When I texted my friend back about where I was, I said:  "Well, I might be at my apartment being slightly more responsible than irresponsible, but slightly more irresponsible than responsible..."

And while you are trying to figure that one out, here's our friend Brian Regan busting out with a bit of antimedabole himself, or flip flops as he likes to call it:


AND, I had a quick antimedabole back and forth with my grandma over conference weekend as well... and yes the context was dating...  she said "You don't realize what you have till you lose it," but then I stayed alive with the help of my buddy Shakespeare and said, "Well, you also don't realize what you didn't have till you got it...:)"

And we can round all this out with an exchange from Love's Labour's Lost when in Act III Scene 1 Moth and Armado are going at it a bit:

Armado:  Sweet air!  Go, tenderness of years, take this key, give enlargement to the swain, bring him festinately hither.  I must employ him in a letter to my love.  
Moth:  Master, will you win your love with a French brawl?
Armado:  How meanest thou?  Brawling in French?

Have some fun with busting out a few flip flops yourself!!!


  

  

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Using those antimedaboles really makes someone sound wise. Like Yoda.

    And great Brian Regan video, I hadn't seen that clip before.

    ReplyDelete